Friday, February 04, 2005

Witnesses and Media

Two Jehovah's Witnesses just knocked on my door. One was Japanese, the other, American. I thought of inviting them in for tea. They gave me a pamphlet in English about the trials of being a teenager in love, conflicted about religious beliefs. I thanked them, tried out some o f my new Japanese grammar and said goodbye. When they asked me what I was doing, I should have been honest.
"I'm reading an opinionated article about US media pay-offs"
to which they would have replied: "Oh! You miss America! "
"Please join us for our next American Culture meeting!"

...... Shit, another missed opportunity to learn about American culture.....

Anyway, here's what I was doing, for the Jehovah's Witnesses who care:
Money, Media and the Mess in America

No comments: