Monday, April 18, 2005

Where's the shrimp salad?

Oops! I had absolutely no intention of changing the background color of my blog! But, now that it's done, I'd like to passionately and vehemently claim that it was done in a deliberate and pre-meditated effort to illustrate the transient nature of the universe (and it had not a lick of chili-salt to do with the fact that I'm lazy and refuse to touch anyone's code late at night).
Besides, if my local grocery store can suddenly stop offering my favorite, pre-made shrimp salad (the faithless heretics!), then I can certainly be allowed a harmless change of template color! After-all, the Institute of Believable Research recently proved that forcing a single salad-consumer to purchase all the necessary ingredients for one salad, led 90% of buyers to spend more money than necessary and, in turn, unwittingly change the background color of their blogs. I lie not!
Now, I wish I had the chemistry background to knot lye…
Or... catcha shrimp, lying down nautically...

But, unfortunately, all I have is delirium before bed...

1 comment:

Winston said...

I really enjoyed the writing in this blog. The thought/word associations were superb. The fact that delirium played a role in its creation makes me remember something I learned about Edgar Allen Poe back in H.S. Lit class. He liked writing in what he called the "hypnogogic state". This is the state you're in before falling completely asleep but you're almost there. My laptop has offered me the opportunity to take advantage of this lucid period countless times. Word up to Edgar, Hynogogic-ness and laptops!