Sunday, September 24, 2006

Re-spanking the Painting

I just wrote a nice, long, predictably silly and embarrassingly pretentious post about the local Oktoberfest here, but just as I was about to post it, our internet service went out…

(thank the mighty platypus!)

so, instead of blog-oligizing on a beautiful sunny afternoon, I turned to hanging with Mr. E who was painting outside on the corner, creating a well-degredated flying butt monkey piece, apparently very historically political and currently statement-making.

It was such a phenomenal piece of artistic ape ass rendering, that I felt, also, inclined to paint.

So, not wanting to utilize expensive supplies, I took scissors to cardboard box and savagely hacked myself a canvass. I began with the yellow and maroon: a brushy outline of a stein-guzzling frat boy here. A sketchy blocking of a meaning-searching, pussy-excavating dream there. A profoundly meaningful squiggle on top of that…

But then I realized that (though I had creative genius taking the mouth-guard in my corner), I didn’t have the acrylic motivation to complete such a profound work of art,

So I turned my embriotic masterpiece over to Mr. E, had him sign a few legal rights papers, and watched as it was painted, in a more aesthetically-pleasing and realistically impressive kind of way.

And, I have, hereby inaugurated this lazy blog with a picture…

5 comments:

Frustrated Writer said...

now that is a cool piece. collaborative efforts are always appreciated.

L said...

heh heh :)

dingobear said...

Wow, a picture! And a cool one, at that. The Almighty Platypus works in mysterious ways. Hallelujah!

-c said...

cap'n rich- I fear that sendin a bulky bit of cardboard useful only for bonfire kindling would not be worth the shipping costs..., but perhaps I can send you a masterpiece rendered on a napkin? I do beer coasters as well...!

frustrated- thanks. Yes, collaboration in any medium always provides a more broad, albeit sometimes more silly, view of the heart behind the effort:)

Nico said...

-c's art -- ahh, have to admit I miss encountering the impulsive late-night inspirations scattered about your apartment and hidden in scaenger hunt style about town...