Sunday, September 24, 2006

Re-spanking the Painting

I just wrote a nice, long, predictably silly and embarrassingly pretentious post about the local Oktoberfest here, but just as I was about to post it, our internet service went out…

(thank the mighty platypus!)

so, instead of blog-oligizing on a beautiful sunny afternoon, I turned to hanging with Mr. E who was painting outside on the corner, creating a well-degredated flying butt monkey piece, apparently very historically political and currently statement-making.

It was such a phenomenal piece of artistic ape ass rendering, that I felt, also, inclined to paint.

So, not wanting to utilize expensive supplies, I took scissors to cardboard box and savagely hacked myself a canvass. I began with the yellow and maroon: a brushy outline of a stein-guzzling frat boy here. A sketchy blocking of a meaning-searching, pussy-excavating dream there. A profoundly meaningful squiggle on top of that…

But then I realized that (though I had creative genius taking the mouth-guard in my corner), I didn’t have the acrylic motivation to complete such a profound work of art,

So I turned my embriotic masterpiece over to Mr. E, had him sign a few legal rights papers, and watched as it was painted, in a more aesthetically-pleasing and realistically impressive kind of way.

And, I have, hereby inaugurated this lazy blog with a picture…

6 comments:

Cap'n Rich said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

O Lord Almighty! Save me from my mirth! -c is tickling me to death!
Mr. E, run for your life while there is still time! It's everyman for himself.

c, you nut, did you save the cardboard painting? Send it to me and I'll give you $10 for it.

Rich Long's Custom ships
63 Mountain Laurel Drive
Spruce Pine, NC 28777

You're a treasure!

Frustrated Writer said...

now that is a cool piece. collaborative efforts are always appreciated.

L said...

heh heh :)

dingobear said...

Wow, a picture! And a cool one, at that. The Almighty Platypus works in mysterious ways. Hallelujah!

-c said...

cap'n rich- I fear that sendin a bulky bit of cardboard useful only for bonfire kindling would not be worth the shipping costs..., but perhaps I can send you a masterpiece rendered on a napkin? I do beer coasters as well...!

frustrated- thanks. Yes, collaboration in any medium always provides a more broad, albeit sometimes more silly, view of the heart behind the effort:)

Nico said...

-c's art -- ahh, have to admit I miss encountering the impulsive late-night inspirations scattered about your apartment and hidden in scaenger hunt style about town...