Monday, August 08, 2005

Does the suit suit?

When I was a kid in the '80s, I used to wear florescent stretch pants (usually hideous shades of pink and lime green), topped with three layers of different-colored socks, bunched to perfection.
It was a truly frightening sight, I'm sure.
...In fact, if I saw someone dressed like that today, I might just alert the Amnesty International Branch of Aesthetic Rights to come and canvass and collect petition signatures against abominable fashion abuses...
Because, really, those things and colors just don't go together...

But... here are a few things I think DO suit each other well:

1) the salivation-inspiring scent of Japanese festival foods like tako-yaki (octopus balls), tori-karage (fried-up chicken), and grilled bad pick-up lines ("Where are you from? Let's enjoying together!")

2) Fireworks accompanied by irascible lightning

3) laughter, smiles, and sleep

4) a quick blog entry and bed

'Night!

3 comments:

-c said...

And susume- grilled sparrow on a stick... (ok, so that one doesn't warrant much drooling, but...)

-c said...

Yeay, octopus balls was a little mis-leading. They are actually octopus and batter mixed and cooked in the SHAPE of balls. Although, who knows, there may be an aquatic freak show somewhere with an eight-legged anomoly...

L said...

I used to own a couple of flourescent outfits in the 80s.... what was I thinking?